Even though the captains of the mass media have struggled several times to establish the self-regulation they haven’t succeeded much. However even if we failed we should not sit back. Now is the time to do it.
Today about 20 organizations and about 40 journalists are united by the initiation started by the Media Council Mongolia.
The Media Council Mongoliain itiated an action of establishing the self-regulation for Mongolian mass media and about 20 organizations and about 40 journalists are united today.
We created a group of initiators who supported the establishment of the self-regulation for mass media this week by the meeting held every Wednesday by the Media Council Mongolia.
Organizations which support and devote their mind in this action are:
· The Mongolian Journalist Union,
· The Press Institute,
· The Globe International Center,
· The Parliament Journalist Union,
· The Midas NGO,
· The Information Communication Capacity Forum,
· The Mongolian National Press Club,
· The Local Mean Stream Media Union,
· The Mongolian Television Union,
· The Mongolian Website Union,
· www.iKon.mn website
· The News Agency,
· The Mongol TV,
· The Mongolian Free Newspaper Union,
· The Mongolian Navel Radio Union,
· The Mongolian Young Journalist Development Union,
· The Mongolian FM Radio Union,
· The Human Right National Committee Journalist Club,
· The Transparency Foundation,
· Journalism department of Mongolian National University,
· Journalism department of Mongolian National University of Education.